Thursday, January 19, 2012

Back In The Groove



I've been trying to get back in the groove of shooting and writing but the  muse hasn't been there.  It happens.  I figured I'd do a drive by of San Francisco since that always seems to provide ample inspiration for a creative rut.

I'm constantly amazed at the amazing diversity of things there are to shoot around SF, and I go there a lot.   A small angle change, a slight tilt in perspective, a slightly different piece of land you've never explored, it  all makes a difference.  Take this naked chick, for instance.  I've never seen her but apparently she hangs out daily on Treasure Island, an old Naval base on a small piece of land about halfway across the bay bridge.  I've never asked a naked woman to pose, but she stopped and did a pirhouette for me, she's not shy.

Some days you go out to shoot and you suck.  Absolutely suck.  I don't know why that is.  It happens.  It felt like the force was with me this time out.  Even the birds gave me something interesting.  Sometimes they crap, sometimes they grab a crab and eat it nearby.  You can never tell.  They're an unpredictable lot.  This jackass flew right into my scene.  I've shot the bridge a thousand times, but now I have seagull with a crab in his mouth doing a fly-by.



It was overcast around SF so there wasn't much color happening in any of the scenes so I thought I'd stylize just a bit.  I'm diggin' it.  








 Robert and I decided we're going to do a new creative project each quarter and this first quarter is going to be a composite shot.  More to come on that, but I need to practice.  Here's Robert as the new Sheriff of San Francisco using some shots from today.











Happy New Year.


No comments:

Post a Comment